Kia South Africa has introduced a limited-edition Sportage GT Line to its Sportage range. The new model has many standard features that are complemented by a sport exterior. According to Motorpress, the Sportage made its very first debut at the 1991 Tokyo Motor Show, introducing the Urban SUV concept.
By 1993, the Sportage was suitable for use in more than one environment and completed the Dakar Rally shortly afterwards, while the fourth and current-generation Sportage that launched in 2016 and set a record for The World’s Longest Test Drive is still considered the most popular Sportage yet with a record of more than five-million global sales in 28 years.
Now, the sleek GT-Line model is a selection of stylish additions, including distinctive LED combination lamps front and rear, dual exhaust outlets resplendent in chrome trim, model-specific skid plates and striking 19-inch alloy wheels.
Inside the cabin, the GT-Line boasts smart two-tone, diamond-patterned and perforated artificial leather on the seats, while the console has a glossy finish on the centre.
The driver will be welcomed by a GT-Line specific flat-bottomed steering wheel and a comprehensive 4.2-inch colour instrument cluster.
These features are what renders the Sportage GT-Line a comprehensively specified luxury SUV:
- Smart entry with push-button start
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Auto-folding mirrors
- 8-inch HD touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Electrically adjustable front seats, including lumbar support
- Seat heating for front and rear passengers
- Bi-LED headlights with an auto-on/off function
- Height-adjustable powered tailgate
- Panoramic sunroof
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Electro-chromatic rear-view mirror
- Cruise control
As well as occupant safety:
- ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and
- Downhill Brake Control
- 6 airbags
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill-start Assist Control
- ISOFIX child-seat anchor points
- Rear-view camera with front and rear parking-assist sensors
The new Sportage has a 1.6-litre T-GDi turbocharged petrol engine that delivers 130 kW of power with 265 Nm of torque. The All-Wheel-Drive’s engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
The limited-edition new Kia Sportage 1.6 T-GDi AWD GT-Line retails for R649,995, which includes Kia’s industry-leading Unlimited Kilometre / 5-year warranty (inclusive of Roadside Assistance), as well as a prepaid 5-year / 90,000 km service plan. The new Sportage GT-Line officially goes on sale across Kia South Africa’s national dealer network on 15 October 2021, with pre-orders open immediately.