Jaguar Classic is bringing a new C-type continuation to life in celebration of the iconic model’s motorsport heritage, 70 years after it made its first victory at the Le Man’s 24 Hours.
Jaguar Classic is the source of authentic cars, experts services, genuine parts and memorable experiences for classic Jaguar enthusiasts worldwide.
Their highly-skilled team of engineers specialises in E-type Reborn restorations and building exclusive new and original Jaguar continuation cars.
According to Motorpress, the vehicle is set to make its public debut on Friday, September 3. The C-type continuation will be hand-built at Jaguar Classic Works in Coventry, to the specification of the 1953 ‘works’ C-types that dominated Le Mans 24 Hours, scoring the C-type’s second Le Mans win.
Dan Pink, Director, Jaguar Classic, said: “The C-type is one of the most iconic cars in Jaguar’s illustrious racing history, driven by some of the most admired drivers in history. The C-type Continuation keeps Malcolm Sayers’ iconic and advanced design alive thanks to the first application of 3D CAD drawings by Jaguar Classic, marrying design and motorsport heritage with the very latest engineering tools.”
All C-type continuations are FIA-approved. The C-type will be fitted with an FIA-approved Harness Retention System and rollover protection – reassuring customers that it can be enjoyed on track or for closed-road usage.
Other FIA fitments include a fire extinguisher with engine and footwell extinguishers, controlled by additional toggle switches in the cabin.
Jaguar C-type continuation: technical specification
Powertrain and chassis
- Hand-built 3.4-litre DOHC in-line six-cylinder engine
- Produces 220bhp (162kW) @ 5,800rpm
- Triple Weber 40DCO3 carburettors
- Four-speed manual transmission
- Plessey pump fitted to gearbox
- Hand-rolled 16-gauge aluminium
- 12 exterior paint options
- Optional door roundels
- Optional Jaguar badging
- 16-inch, 60-spoke wire wheels
- Eight leather seat colour options
- Original Lucas rear-view mirror with three-quarter windscreen & Brooklands Aeroscreen
- Smiths clocks and gauges
- 15-inch Bluemel steering wheel
- Optional harness retention system
- FIA-approved fire extinguishing system