The Toyota Corolla range consists of the Esteem, Prestige, Sprinter and Exclusive models – featuring generous on-board gadgetry. The following features come standard with all models:
- Power mirrors and windows (front and rear).
- ‘Follow-Me-Home’ Light Control System.
- Daytime Running Lights (DRLs).
- Ambient temperature indicator.
- On-board computer (TFT multi-information display screen on exclusive).
- 60/40 Split rear seats.
- Remote central locking (with key-less ‘Smart Entry’ on exclusive models).
- Touch-screen display audio incorporates AM/FM radio, a CD/DVD/MP3 player, Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity with a music streaming facility and a USB port for the connection of portable music players.
- Esteem models are equipped with a standard audio system, aux inport and USB port
- Bluetooth hands-free system with steering controls on all models
- Leather upholstery (Prestige, Sprinter and Exclusive).
- Automatic Climate Control (Sprinter and Exclusive)
- A Back Guide Monitor (Prestige, Sprinter and Exclusive).
- Electro-chromatic mirror (Exclusive)
- Rain sensing wipers (Exclusive)
- Cruise Control (Exclusive)
The Toyota Corolla engine variants consist of the acclaimed 1.4 litre D-4D turbo diesel (2015 SA Car of the Year finalist) and three petrol engines:
Dual VVT-i unit 1.33 litre
Dual VVT-i unit 1.6 litre
Dual VVT-i unit 1.8 litre.
All come fitted with six-speed manual transmissions, however the 1.6 and 1.8 variants are available in Toyota’s high-efficiency ‘Multidrive S CVT’ automatic transmission.
All of these new features come at a very minimal price increase, ranging from 0.5% to a maximum of 1.3%.
Toyota Corolla 2015 Pricing:
- 1.3 Esteem – R230 500
- 1.3 Prestige – R248 400
- 1.4D Esteem – R259 900
- 1.4D Prestige – R271 600
- 1.6 Esteem – R242 200
- 1.6 Prestige – R257 900
- 1.6 Sprinter – R267 500
- 1.6 Prestige CVT – R269 600
- 1.8 Prestige – R268 600
- 1.8 Exclusive – R290 800
- 1.8 Exclusive CVT – R302 500
The new Toyota Corolla benefits from a three-year/100,000km warranty and comes with a standard five-year/ 90 000 km service plan. Service intervals are set at 15 000 km. The new models are also supported by the ‘ToyotaCare’ Roadside Assistance Programme which entitles customers to 24-hour roadside assistance, ensuring ultimate peace-of-mind motoring.