If you prefer a silent commute, Uber has launched a new feature that gives riders the option for their driver not to speak during the trip. While it might sound a bit anti-social, this might be a preferred way of travelling for those who need to respond to business emails or take conference calls while they’re in their Uber.
This new feature – along with other new options – is only available on Uber Black and Uber Black SUV. The update also includes luggage assist and temperature regulation.
In the Newsroom, Uber explains: “Whether it’s heading to that important meeting, or arriving in style for date night, we’re offering an increasing number of ways for riders to personalize their experiences.”
Uber explains that this forms part of the company’s drive towards increasing ways in which riders can personalise their Uber experiences. Here is the full list of new features:
- Quiet Mode: if you need to respond to emails or are in the mood for a nap, make your trip a quieter one with just one tap. If you’re in the mood to chat, that’s an option too.
- Help with Luggage: let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially-licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.