Why not be a tourist in your own country, or even province, and experience what people from all around the world come to see?
With the June school holidays coming up, people are either planning on getting away for bit or just relaxing at home – either way – these things to do around South Africa might interest you.
As most people lead busy lives, they rarely get to actually experience their own country thoroughly. So, why not be a tourist in your own country or even province and experience what people from all around the world come to see.
According to Travelstart, these are some of the top things to do and most visited destinations in South Africa:
1. Boulders Beach (Near Cape Town)
2. Franschhoek Motor Museum (Near Cape Town)
3. Bloukrans Bungee (along the Garden Route)
4. Augrabies Water Falls (Orange River)
5. Namaqualand Flower Route (Cape West Coast)
6. Satyagraha House (Near Johannesburg)
7. Bush Babies Monkey Sanctuary (Near Johannesburg)
8. Voortrekker Monument (Near Pretoria)
9. Bill Harrop’s Original Balloon Safaris (Near North West Province)
10. Blyde River Canyon (Near North West Province)
11. Sani Pass (Near KwaZulu Natal)
If any of these beautiful destinations don’t particularly tickle your fancy, have a look at WOW’s road trip ideas – an ensemble of places to visit during a road trip in the Northern Cape, Western Cape and the Eastern Cape.
If you are indeed planning a road trip for the holiday season, make sure you know what to do to keep your children from driving you crazy and always remember to keep these ESSENTIAL things in your car.