Since its launch in 2016, the Peugeot 3008 has taken the lead in the compact SUV market, according to Quickpic.
The SUV achieved the Car of Year award in 2017 due to its commercial performance not only in Europe but internationally.
Now, the 3008 model has a new and fresh design and certainly sets its style tone, with full LED rear lights and new body colour options.
The new 3008 has the latest-generation driving aids and the new Peugeot i-Cockpit with a high-quality display headset and a 10-inch high-definition (HD) touch screen.
The Peugeot 3008 has a new frameless grille with lines extending to the fins located below the headlights, while the nose of the bonnet boasts the model’s badge.
Black side scoops and a tread plate have been added to the new bumper from the original trim level. The front headlights have also been redesigned and now include a LED technology by hook-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) with chrome tips.
The GT model has a specific grille with a specific design pattern. It has full LED headlights with a high-tech, distinctive look, which extends the light signature and enhances visibility at speeds of 90 km/h.
The new ‘Foggy Mode’ function replaces the fog lights and is integrated into the LED headlamps. When the rear fog lamps are activated, the system automatically switches on the low beam headlights to reduce intensity.
The rear of the 3008 has newly upgraded headlights with full LED technology (including reverse lighting) and the indicators are sequential.
The GT range has new 19-inch aluminium wheels and the GT monograms (front wings and boot lid) have also been upgraded.
The new Peugeot 3008 will be sold in the following shades:
- Celebes blue
- Vertigo blue
- Pearl white
- Artense grey
- Platinum grey
- Perla Nera black
- Ultimate red
The new Peugeot i-Cockpit
The 12.3-inch digital headset features a digital panel with high-quality rendering with better readability and contrasts.
The new infotainment touch screen is a 10-inch with high definition and comes with a series of seven buttons allowing direct access to the main functions of the vehicle: radio, air conditioning, navigation with voice command, vehicle settings, telephone, mobile applications and hazard warning lights.
On the centre console, all internal combustion engines equipped with automatic gearboxes are fitted with a driving mode selector as standard. The driver can choose between Normal, Sport and Eco.
The new Peugeot 3008 includes all the latest driving aids as part of its on-board technologies:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go function on the GT, and it automatically restarts the vehicle if the stop was less than 3 seconds. Otherwise, a simple press action by the driver will restart the function. This forms part of the Drive Assist package.
- Lane Keep Assist, the system monitors road marking and road edge to actively assist in keeping the vehicle in the lane should it unintentionally drift across without the indicator being put on. Part of the Safety Plus package.
- Latest-generation automatic emergency braking (detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from 5 km/h to 140 km/h depending on the version) with collision risk warning,
- Extended recognition of traffic signs (stop, one-way, no overtaking, etc.).
The new Peugeot 3008 offers a range of driving assistance features:
- Visiopark 1 with 180° rear view camera,
- Visiopark 2 with 360° front and rear cameras,
- Park Assist, sensors to assist in parking,
- Active warning of unintentional lane (or roadside) departure with trajectory correction,
- Driver Warning Alert, to detect driver alertness over long driving times and at speeds above 65 km/h by analysing steering wheel micro-movements,
- Automatic switching to and from a high beam,
- Speed sign recognition and recommendation,
- Active blind-spot monitoring system (with trajectory correction). This function is available from 12 km/h,
- Hands-free tailgate,
- Dual-pane sunroof (optional on GT),
- Multi-point massage driver’s seat,
- Electric parking brake.
In South Africa, the new Peugeot 3008 will be available with a turbocharged, 1.6-litre THP petrol engine mated to a six-speed automatic gearbox across the range. The four-cylinder engine pushes out 121 kW with 240 Nm of torque. The compact SUV reaches 100 km/h from 0 in 8.9 seconds.
Peugeot 3008 Active R 514 900
Peugeot 3008 Allure R 574 900
Peugeot 3008 GT R 644 900
Produced in France in Sochaux, the new Peugeot 3008 is available from April 2021.